A visit to Hickory Flat Pottery is an excellent way to learn more about the local people and their customs.
Helen, where it is, sits 85 miles (137 kilometers) from the capital of the state, Atlanta.
You'd be wise to sort out an accommodation in advance, as there's only 1 in the area. From Hickory Flat Pottery to The Stovall House is just 6 miles (10 kilometers).
Other Things to Do Near Hickory Flat Pottery
If you would like to stuff as much as possible into your time away, have a look at what else is going on:
- Go and devote an hour or two to appreciating art at Mark of the Potter, a local art gallery.
- You needn't be a history buff in order to differentiate between Stovall Mill Covered Bridge and modern bridges. Venture to this historic site for the full experience.
- Soak up the sunshine and get some exercise at Moccasin Creek Park, among the region's most well-known parks.
- The water rushing over Minnehaha Falls is a marvelous and unspoiled attraction.
- The water cascading over Anna Ruby Falls is a magnificent natural wonder.