Pet owners shouldn't miss Richmond, a city known for its biking trails, and sights like Virginia State Capitol and Greater Richmond Convention Center. Take your pick from Travelocity's 111 pet-friendly hotels and accommodations in Richmond and bring Fido along!
How to Wander Wisely in Richmond with Your Pet
- Enjoy the fresh air at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden, Capitol Square, and Libby Hill Park.
- Other things to see include Museum of the Confederacy, Edgar Allan Poe Museum, and St. John's Episcopal Church.
- Need a pet store? Try Richmond SPCA Gift Shop, Tuesday Morning, or Southern States.
- For vet care, Richmond SPCA, Dogwood Veterinary Emergency & Specialty Center, and Richard P. Suess, Jr., DVM, DACVS are located in the area.
Best Pet-Friendly Hotels in Richmond
- Red Roof Inn Richmond South
Pets stay free at this 2-star hotel. Guests appreciate the breakfast and family amenities.
- The Westin Richmond
Dogs stay free at this 4-star hotel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate its location and spacious rooms.
- Graduate Richmond
Pets stay free at this 3.5-star hotel. Guests appreciate its central location and spacious rooms.
Pet-Friendly Times to Vacation in Richmond
Weather can make a huge difference, especially if you want to spend time wandering around the city. Here are the average temperatures to help better plan your trip in Richmond.
From January to March, average temperatures range from 65°F in the daytime to 28°F at night. Between April and June, the daytime average is 89°F and the nighttime average is 42°F.
From July to September, average temperatures range from 90°F in the daytime to 54°F at night. Between October and December, the daytime average is 76°F and the nighttime average is 29°F.