Book a hotel near Duke University, Raleigh
Wander Wisely with the Travelocity Price Match Guarantee
Hotels near Duke University
Duke University Hotel & Travel Guide
Pack your bags and get ready to experience Duke University, an important part of any travel itinerary.
You'll find it along with many other attractions in Raleigh, the dynamic state capital.
Despite the fact that there's a nice selection of 13 hotels within 2 miles (3 kilometers) of Duke University, it would be a good idea to book early so that you get the best deal available. The King's Daughters Inn, the Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club and the Hilton Durham near Duke University are three that are popular, and they are just 1 mile (2 kilometers), 0.9 miles (1.4 kilometers) and 2 miles (3 kilometers) away, respectively.
Instead of counting sheep, you'll be counting the dollars you pocket because you chose to stay at the budget-friendly University Inn Durham next to Duke University Medical Center. As an added bonus, it's only 0.6 miles (1.0 kilometer) away.
If you need a second wind, you can keep your brain alert with a burst of caffeine. You can order a cup of coffee from The Terrace Cafe, just a short walk away. If you're after something that's more substantial, Chick-fil-A is nearby. You know it's the right time to round up your friends for a drink when evening shadows appear. Ask the bartender for a locally-made spirit or wine at Erwin Square Cafe, only five minutes by foot.
Other Things to Do Near Duke UniversityYou're surely not intending to call it quits after Duke University? Allow yourself some time to see what else there is to do:
- Sarah P. Duke Gardens is a wonderful place for nature enthusiasts to spend the afternoon with the smorgasbord of plants, birds and flowers.
- Note the colors of the artworks on show at Nasher Museum of Art at Duke University.
- As you enjoy exploring the area, you should stop and check out Duke University Chapel, a local house of worship. If you wish to view this church from the inside, make sure you inquire about visiting times first.
- If you like the medical sciences, it is worthwhile heading over to Durham VA Medical Center.
- Learn the difference between bogeys, birdies and backswings, with a game or two at Duke University Golf Club.