When we envision ourselves strolling along faraway beaches and distant shorelines, we imagine leaving footprints across stretches of pristine sand softened by vibrantly hued waves. Sometimes the sky is a brilliant robin's-egg blue, while other times the sunset’s reds, oranges, and pinks paint the horizon. These tempting scenes are easy to conjure in your mind’s eye, but they will undoubtedly pale in comparison to the actual experience of embarking on a seaside escape.
Austrian journalist Henry Grunwald once noted, "A beach is not only a sweep of sand, but shells of sea creatures, the sea glass, the seaweed, the incongruous objects washed up by the ocean." And once you soak in the scenery of such a place, you'll realize it's not the stunning panoramas that stand out, but the tiniest elements tucked away that make them so memorable. Whether it be one of the many pet friendly hotels in Myrtle Beach or a beachfront hotel, settle in at one of the best places to stay in Myrtle Beach, and take a moment to appreciate the intricacies of your surroundings, from seashells enveloped under a stratum of sand to the sight of historic buildings, visible from atop the largest Ferris wheel in the United States, the SkyWheel.
Wondering where to stay in Myrtle Beach?
Similar to its visitors, Myrtle Beach hotels come in a variety of styles. Based on what you’re in the mood for, one accommodation will likely meet your needs more than any alternatives. To help you select the Myrtle Beach lodging option best for you, here’s a glimpse of four of our favorites.
- Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort for the family: With a 20-year history and a central location that’s just steps away from the Family Kingdom Amusement Park, the Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort continues to be the destination of choice for countless families because of these perks:
- Sips and snacks: Situated on the 5th floor of the Sea Crest building, the Beach Java Cafe serves drinks, snacks, and Starbucks for beachside imbibing.
- Aquatic activities: Slip into your swimsuit and enjoy any of the resort’s aquatic attractions, including a pair of hot tubs, indoor and outdoor pools, a lazy river, and more.
- Dining and drinks: Grab a drink or bite to eat at the tiki-themed waterfront Malibu Beach Bar, which offers karaoke and live entertainment throughout the year.
- Dunes Village Resort for an all-in-one experience: Why bother leaving the resort when there’s so much fun to be had inside? Among the largest indoor water parks ever built—and the only one in Myrtle Beach—this hotel and resort invites you to enjoy more than 30,000 sq. ft. of fun, featuring a 250-ft long river ride, the city’s first adult-sized water slides, and a slew of other thrilling attractions:
- Relax and unwind: Looking to relieve some stress? The resort has a range of massage services to put you at ease.
- Chill out in a cabana: With a poolside spot to call your own, you can read a book, pop in a DVD, or just cool off in a chaise longue.
- Sate your appetite: A variety of on-site eateries, including the Admiral’s Room, Captain’s Cafe, Perk’s Up Coffee Shop, and the Cabana Tiki Bar, let you enjoy breakfast, lunch, and dinner without leaving the resort.
- Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort for location: Offering an unbeatable location on the sands of the Grand Strand, the Westgate Oceanfront Resort lets you experience the many facets of Myrtle Beach:
- Laze the day away: Go for a swim in the hotel’s heated outdoor pool, or drift along the heated lazy river. There’s also a children’s play area, a hot tub, and Coconut Willy's Pool Bar to keep you happy.
- Work on your swing: With access to more than 100 of golf courses, the Westgate Oceanfront Resort makes it easy to improve your game.
- Fun for all ages: The Family Kingdom Amusement Park is right across the street; if you’ve got kids, this is one spot you won’t want to miss.
- Close to the culture: The Broadway at the Beach entertainment center complex is close by as well as the legendary Palace Theatre.
- Sea Mist for quintessential Myrtle Beach: A landmark on Myrtle Beach for the past six decades, this family-friendly resort offers endless hours of entertainment:
- Slip and slide: Try out the three-story water slide, take a nap as you drift along the lazy river, or take a dip in any of the 11 on-site swimming pools.
- Fill your belly: Grab a bite at any of the resort’s eateries, including Tena's Restaurant, the Three Steps Down Grille, Pete & Polly's snack shack, Jason's Cafe & Ice Cream Parlor, and the Barefoot Cabana.
- Awesome events: The perfect setting for your big event, the Sea Mist features full-service catering and more than 17,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor conference space.
- Endless entertainment: Perfect your putt at the 18-hole miniature golf course, or give your wrist a workout at the on-site arcade, featuring more than 100 games.
Search the world’s largest collection of hotels in Myrtle Beach by using Travelocity to book your trip. Our intuitive reservation system makes it simple to lock down cheap hotels near Myrtle Beach or wherever else you’d like to visit. Book your stay in Myrtle Beach today, and you could be taking in the sights from the Skywheel tomorrow.