Find & compare pet-friendly hotels in Phoenix, AZ from $61
Top Phoenix Pet Friendly Hotels
Phoenix Pet Friendly Hotel Guide
Wedged between vacation draws like Los Angeles and Austin, Phoenix can occasionally get overlooked by the crowds—which suits the locals just fine. Here, you and your pet can go for long hikes without a ton of other foot traffic, play in huge dog parks without interruption, and enjoy cupcakes together at your own pace. So what are you waiting for? Book your pick of pet-friendly hotels in Phoenix and come see why the wild west of Arizona is quite tame for you and your pet.
What are the best things to do in Phoenix with dogs?
When you and your pet are ready to roam around the desert landscape, here are some of the best dog parks and trails in Phoenix:
- PetSmart Dog Park: Often topping Phoenix “Best” lists, this park has 2.65 acres of grassy roaming areas, independent spaces for large and small dogs, two watering fountains for dogs, and tons of benches for owners. Plus, it’s wheelchair accessible.
- Echo Mountain Off-Leash Area: Located in Grover’s Basin, there is roughly 2 acres of running space for your pet. It’s also been noted that other owners will leave behind a few toys, if you forgot to pack some in your suitcase before heading to Phoenix.
- The Farm at South Mountain: This farm-to-table eatery is an oasis in the desert, with a ton of trees and flowers on the farm. The outdoor patio is dog-friendly, as long as you have a leash. You might even want to ask for a doggie bag to bring back extra farm treats to your Phoenix pet-friendly hotel.
- Camelback Mountain: It’s a favorite for people as well as pets. It has four different trails and offers fantastic views of the valley once you get to the summit.
What’s happening in downtown Phoenix that you can enjoy with your dog?
Just because it’s downtown doesn’t mean there aren’t things for you and your pet to participate in. Here are some things happening in downtown Phoenix you both can enjoy:
- First Fridays: On the first Friday of each month, Phoenix has an outdoor art show downtown. Many of the art galleries and warehouses are open to the public, with tons of live music and food carts. Not all of them are dog-friendly, but it’s worth walking around with your pooch on a leash. Who knows? You might have art to take back to your dog-friendly hotel in Phoenix—like the popular Royal Palms Resort and Spa or Radisson Hotel Phoenix North.
- Hance Dog Park: Located in the heart of downtown Phoenix, this acre dog park is a favorite among locals. It includes Gabion wall, which helps with sound proofing from the downtown noise, as well as big trees, benches, and chilled water fountains.
When you’re looking for an adventure, count on the Grand Canyon State for roaming trails for happy tails. With so much to do, you and your furry friend will return to your pet-friendly hotel in Phoenix, more than ready for a cat nap.