Where to stay in Munich: Best areas for travelers
- Munich City Centre: Don't waste your time hailing cabs and rushing from place to place. This neighborhood has it all, from Marienplatz to Hofbrauhaus. Kick back and relax at the Mercure Hotel München Altstadt, the Asam Hotel München or the Hotel MIO by AMANO when you've had enough exploring.
- Ludwigsvorstadt-Isarvorstadt: You've got plenty of options when it comes to comfy places to stay in this neighborhood. To begin with, check out the Cocoon Sendlinger Tor, the Hotel Mons Am Goetheplatz and the carathotel München City. You'll be able to leap out of bed and be at terrific attractions like Deutsches Museum shortly after.
- München District: This is where you'll find Schleissheim Palace. If you want to see what the hype is all about, why not stay for a while in this popular part of town? The Hotel am Hachinger Bach , the NH München Unterhaching and the Boutique Hotel Beckenlehner will have a room waiting for you.
- Ludwigsvorstadt: There's plenty to keep you busy once the sun sets here. Kick-start your big night at German Theater, a popular after-dark spot. If you're on the hunt for a cozy room, the Hotel Uhland, the Centro Hotel Mondial and the TRYP München City Center Hotel are some choices in the area.
- Ludwigsvorstadt-Kliniken: With a nice selection of hotels to choose from, finding a place to suit your budget and style is a piece of cake. The Brunnenhof City Center, the Andi Stadthotel and the Hotel Andra are just a glimpse of what's available. Wondering what there is to do in this corner of the city? Check out German Theater.
Top Munich hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Munich
Germany at its very best: that's how many travelers feel about Munich. If you're wild about Oktoberfest, and love beautiful cities, Munich vacations cannot be beat! Come and experience all that this dynamic city has to offer.
It goes without saying that you'll eat and drink well in Munich. One venue not to miss is the Hofbrauhaus, which has been brewing artisan beers since the 1500s! Another must-see attraction is Olympiapark, built for the 1972 Summer Olympics. Strap on your skates and take a twirl around the ice rink. The Marienplatz (Munich's central square) is the heart of the city, and provides an outstanding view of City Hall (and its grand Glockenspiel), as well as quaint restaurants, street performers, shops, museums, and some outstanding people-watching territory. When you're searching for Munich hotel deals , try to score one in this area. Finally, no visit to Munich is complete without touring the castle, also known as the Nymphenburg Palace.
Festivals and Events
While the Marienplatz and other destinations are served by the S-Bahn and U-Bahn public transportation stations, you should still consider taking advantage of great deals on car rentals in Munich . Some of the most popular seasonal events are a bit off the beaten path, so a car can be handy. Not surprisingly, the top annual event here is the 16-day Oktoberfest Munich, which usually runs from mid-September through early October. The other big beer festival here is Starkbierzeit (also known as the "time of strong beer"), which takes place in March. Other big draws are Fasching (Germany's carnival season in January and February), the Munich Film Festival (Germany's largest summer film festival), and Christkindlmarkt (a Christmas gift market in December).
When you're ready to get serious about researching Munich hotel packages (or money-saving Munich vacation packages), Travelocity is the smart place to do it, especially with the Travelocity Price Guarantee. Travelocity will match a lower price and refund the difference.
Tours and Activities in Munich
Are you at work staring blankly at a laptop screen? Rather travel and discover more of this wonderful world? Well, you're right here — so shift your mind into vacation mode and get set to enjoy some unbelievable new adventures!
Locking in a Munich City & Lakes Scenic Helicopter Flight is an outstanding way to begin your Munich travels.
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Munich?
How long should my Munich vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Munich?
Why should I purchase my Munich vacation bundle with Travelocity?
Can I save on my Munich car rental if I combine it with my hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Munich?
Which airport is best for Munich?
What is there to do in Munich?
Where should I stay when visiting Munich?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.